23 May 2014

Level 2 draws to a close

It's finally, almost over.

This year has been HARD, for several reasons that were not apparent when I signed up last year.

1. Biology and history of medicine SOUND like they might be similar. One is human biology, one is how we got as far as acquiring that knowledge. Well, nope. Doing a science course is so utterly different to an essay based course, it utterly threw me to begin with. I also didn't realise how much chemistry content would be in biology, which was my own stupid naivety.

2. I got WAY less free time than I was expecting as my eldest didn't start full time school until Easter.

3. The spacing of TMAs was more of a struggle than I thought. I ended up spending several weeks on history, then two weeks on biology, frantically trying to catch up.

However, I'm done and these are my results:
SK277                                               A218
I'm a bit disappointed with that 72%, but it doesn't alter my OCAS, so I shall HOPE FOR THE BEST in my exam. SK277 doesn't care what my TMA scores are, it's all on the exam, which is...annoying.

My exams are on 3rd and 5th June, which is alarmingly close. It's easier to revise science than history, coz in history I'm going to have to reason and argue why I think things happened. At least science doesn't argue with you...often. So wish me luck!

ETA: My last TMA has been regraded to 77%, bringing my OCAS up to 80%. HUZZAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment