Things That Will Happen If The Gay Marriage Bill Is Passed:
- Men will be able to marry men, if they want to.
Things That Will Not Happen If The Gay Marriage Bill Is Passed:
- You will be able to marry your gay children.
- The monarchy will be ruined.
- The 'agressive gay community' will rise up and take over, making us worship their genitalia.
- All heterosexual marriages will explode.
- All record of heterosexual marriage will be expunged.
- It will weaken public morality, and we will all become deviant monsters.
Things That Have No Bearing On Whether Or Not The Gay Marriage Bill Is Passed:
- A personal dislike of the mechanics of someone else's sexual relationship.
- Assumptions over what God might think
- Possible children of married gay parents. Same sex couple adoption is already legal and surrogacy is also legal, provided no payment is made. IVF for lesbian couples is not currently available on the NHS, but it is privately available and private insemination arrangements are also legal.
Seriously, Conservative back benchers, give it up.