9 Oct 2011

The office

I live with two very small children. They monopolise my house, utterly. They both sleep in my bed, so that too is monopolised. I do things like de-toy the living room when my toddler's in bed, so it feels more like my own space, but since I usually sit up with the baby in the evenings, I'm still not child free. There is only one room in the house devoid of the trappings of offspring and that is my study/office/library/chillout room.

I deliberately got a three bedroomed house so I could have a room JUST for me. This may sound selfish, but I need some space. We all need some space. The boys have a double bedroom between them, but sleep in my bed anyway, so my bedroom is not my own. It has taken me some months (four, to be precise) to organise my study into a workable space, but today, I completed it, spurred on by the arrival of my course textbooks, sent by the wonderful and generous Vickie.

I haven't quite completed it. Currently, I have a desk, a keyboard, a stool, three huge (and full) bookcases and various scrapbooking supplies. I have some pictures to hang. The desk has integral drawers and shelves.

I need:
A desktop computer, including monitor, keyboard and mouse
A lamp
General stationary supplies
A printer, preferably incorporating a scanner
A ludicrously comfortable computer chair

I have a bit of money saved up for this, but I need a bit more before I can get it all. Especially the chair. Chairs cost a bloody fortune, even on Ebay.

I made a cockup with my application for OU funding. I didn't read the part of the notes where it said to get the passport copy certified. *facepalm*. So, hopefully, my brother in law will certify it for me. The list of potential certifiers is ridiculously exact. For example, a teacher can certify it. However my friend who is a school nurse, cannot.

Ah well, I'll get that sent back and I might actually feel like I'm getting somewhere! The abiding panic at the thought of actually Doin' Learninz has abated somewhat.

No comments:

Post a Comment