11 Sept 2011

My educational excuse

So, where does one begin on the slow easing back into a receptive state of mind?

My post-spoonfed-GCSE education was, as previously mentioned, a bit rubbish. This was partially because of my first few months of year 12 being plagued by distractions. I got my first real boyfriend, who inconveniently lived 40 miles away. My maternal grandparents died within weeks of each other and I was needed at home to help look after my myriad younger siblings, including a very young baby (who's now 10, which makes me feel ancient). I just didn't get into the studious vibe that would have got me through that first year. It didn't help that I decided to do five essay based A levels - English Lit, English Language, Theatre Studies, Religious Studies and General Studies - and I utterly and entirely loathed my lit/lang teacher. We rubbed each other up the wrong way and I skived virtually all her lessons. I still got a B in my lit exams, but I had already dropped out by then, so it was to no avail.

So, it is with a sense of extreme trepidation that I embark on this renaissance!

No comments:

Post a Comment