11 Sept 2011

All About Me

Greetings!

I'm Soph. I'm considered a mature student, at the grand old age of 26. I don't feel very mature. In fact, I feel woefully childlike. This suits me well, as I have two young children. Jimmy is 2, Jack is a mere 4 months. During my second pregnancy, I split up with my husband which means I am now that awful stereotype - the single mother.
I've been in full/part time employment within the NHS for almost eight years, starting as a receptionist, ending as a data analyst working in enhanced services and QOF, and notes summarising.
I'm taking a break from work for a few years to try and make sure my kids grow up reasonably well rounded. They require my full and ardent attention, to be both mother and father. However, it goes against the grain to sit, inert, doing nothing.

Ultimately, I want to go to Anglia Ruskin and study midwifery at Peterborough (my home city). Alas, I am currently unqualified for this. I got a glowing 11 GCSEs, but sadly sucked at A levels, gaining two Bs and 3 Ds at AS level and then ignomiously dropping out in favour of boozing and boyfriend. The boyfriend I married. See above for how that turned out. Study hard kids, it's ultimately worth it, tempting though the paaaartaaaying may seem.

I checked out the course requirements and lo! They do not accept AS levels in lieu of A levels, but they do accept OU credits. 120 in fact. "RIGHT", said I, rushing to my netbook and signing up immediately..."I shall succeed for once".

Well, you never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment